One Year Warranty
High Street TV agrees to provide a one year warranty described herein (the Warranty).
High Street TV’s sole liability shall be to provide to the original purchaser (the Purchaser) the necessary labour and parts as described below, to correct defects of workmanship and materials for a period of one (1) year starting from the date of purchase of the product. We will repair at our option using new or refurbished components, or, if repair is not possible, replace the item within 28 days unless you are within your statutory rights to claim a full or partial refund. We retain the right to refund the original purchase price of the product should a replacement be unavailable.
When your equipment has been replaced under the conditions herewith, your plan will end immediately. The Warranty will not transfer to any replacement product and neither products replaced under the Warranty nor products provided as a gesture of goodwill will be subject to any such warranty.
When your equipment has been replaced you will be responsible for disposing of the original equipment at your own cost if it remains in your possession.
GOVERNING LAW AND STATUTORY RIGHTS
We will communicate in English and English Law will apply unless we have agreed otherwise with you.
Nothing in these conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights; for further information about your statutory rights contact your Local Authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
In no event will the seller be liable for more than the original purchase price of the product. Notification of your intention to claim under the terms of this Warranty is restricted to within 1 year of the purchase date. This does not affect your statutory rights governed by the laws of England and Wales.
EXCLUSION OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
This plan is for the benefit of the plan holder only and any permitted transferee at our discretion and no rights or benefits will be given to any other third party under the plan. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 will not apply.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PLAN
With our permission you can transfer your plan to a new owner of the equipment by giving us written details of the new owner. Your plan cannot be transferred to any other equipment.
HOW TO CLAIM AGAINST YOUR WARRANTY
Please contact our Customers Service Team on 0800 587 6173 who will instruct you on how to obtain service under this warranty.
High Street TV (Group) Ltd, PO BOX 724, Altrincham, WA15 5BJ, United Kingdom.
Registered company number 6577510.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – GENERAL
1. You must operate your equipment in line with the manufacturer’s instructions and must not modify it.
2. Your equipment must not have been lost, stolen, misused, neglected, poorly installed, subject to malicious damage, or damage caused by fire, explosion, floods, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions, rust, corrosion or water.
3. Your equipment must not be subject to a current recall either by us, the supplier or the manufacturer.
4. Your equipment must be used in a domestic environment. Equipment used in a non-domestic or commercial environment must be subject to our prior approval in writing.
5. If an electrical item, your equipment must not have been used in another country other than the UK and Ireland.
6. Your equipment must be a genuine item (i.e. not a copy or counterfeit).
7. Any replacement under your plan must be sourced by us. We will not be liable for the cost of replacements or parts which are not provided by our supplier.
8. You may be liable for the cost of repairs if there is no fault found with the equipment, or to the extent that it requires routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing, cosmetic repairs (e.g. damage to paintwork, dents or scratches) or where there is any problem with the supply of electricity, gas or water.
9. Payment will not be approved for costs arising from being unable to use your equipment (e.g. food spoilage) or for any other loss or damage not included under your plan benefits which arises from the breakdown of your equipment, including any costs to remove or reinstate built-in or fitted equipment.
10. If, when you require breakdown service, there is any other service agreement or an insurance policy under which you are entitled to claim, we may only pay an appropriate proportion.
11. We recommend you back up or store any data/files on a regular basis as we will not restore any data/files in the event of your product requiring a repair.
12. The plan does not include:
• the failure of the equipment to operate correctly caused by the withdrawal of services by a third party.
• software (including operating systems) loss or failure.
• damage or failure of the equipment due to: a software virus; the configuration of user settings; or the process of backing up or recovery of data; loss, corruption or damage to data or operating system.
• image retention on LCD screens, plasma or projection TV screens.
• replacement of consumer durables (e.g. batteries, light bulbs and fuses).
High Street TV Group Plc